Ujima Rochester/Atlanta, Inc. provides various services to the community with the goal of increasing awareness and identification of the issues and circumstances plaguing our youth, families and the systemic educational system.
Many of the programs and services include:
- Each One, Heal OneCulturally-Competent Family Services - We work with you to find a satisfactory resolution to your problems and/or potential problems, whether they have their roots in the trauma of grief and loss, stress management issues, communication problems, parenting challenges and family harmony, positive identity development, past or present sexual, physical or emotional abuse, or other issues that affect your relationships with your partner or children.
- Leadership and Social Development Program (LSDP) - The Leadership & Social Development Program (LSDP) was established to help young men and women address key issues they face during their stages of adolescence and will continue to face as they attain adulthood. The LSDP will support the Youth in developing a value system that will aid them in making positive choices regarding character building, education, relationships, and personal health. These goals will be reached by following a curriculum that incorporates a series of cultural, academic, physical health, historical reenactments, and social activities.
- Afrikan World History Classes - The curriculum taught in these classes will provide increased exposure to the positive contributions that Africans and African-Americans have made throughout history. The purpose of this cultural esteem curriculum is to facilitate the development of cultural awareness, critical thinking, and positive esteem by focusing on documenting and discussing aspects of Ourstory, culture, and socialization.
- Case Management - Case management includes assessment, planning, facilitation, care coordination, evaluation, and advocacy for resources and services to meet an individual’s and family’s needs of well-being.
- Gang Prevention and Intervention - Programs target youth at risk of gang involvement and helps to reduce the number of youth who join gangs. Intervention strategies provide services for younger youth who are actively involved in gangs to make other life choices.
- Aggression Replacement Training (ART) - This service is a behavior intervention program designed to assist in the reduction of aggressive and violent behavior. ART has three components; social skills, moral reasoning, and anger control.
- Cultural-Competence Consulting - Cultural competence provides agencies and organizations training focused towards incorporating a set of harmonious behaviors, attitudes, and policies that enable that system, and its professionals to work effectively in cross-cultural situations.
- Employability/Job Readiness Training - Programs prepares participants to get, keep, and excel in the workforce. Basic employability skills include resume building, effective communication skills, problem solving, and interviewing that helps individuals facilitate their own employment success.
- Counseling - Counseling services for individuals, couples, and families. We will help foster personal growth and help you explore solutions that help clients accomplish their ambitions and live their lives to its full potential.
- Effective Parenting Program - Program Evaluation Consulting- Program evaluation is a method for collecting, analyzing, and using information to answer questions about organizations and agency's projects, policies and programs to help measure their effectiveness and efficiency. While helping to inform a strategy for ongoing development.
- Cultural-Trauma Healing/A Time for Healing, Educating, Rebuilding Conferences - What is historical trauma? How do people and communities experience it? We provide counseling and practical models for helping families and communities heal. Cultural-trauma events are associated with racism both individual and institutional; sexual, gender, religious and racial oppression; stigma and prejudice of mental health and addictions; physical ability; and socio-economic status. Experiencing trauma often results in mental health issues and concerns such as isolation, loss of self-esteem, propensity for violence, substance abuse or dependence, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, and depression.
- Group/Agency Training - Training provided for agencies and organizations in models of effectiveness, employee relations, cultural diversity, multiculturalism, and other productivity models.
- Program Evaluation Consulting - In order to obtain meaningful information on organizational and program effectiveness, nonprofits must conduct systematic evaluations that monitor program success and truly improve policies. We help you understand, manage, and monitor the process by assessing needs defining purpose and impact of program. Creating a plan that determines objectives and goals, collecting data, analyzing data and report findings.
- Program & Resources Referrals
Please contact Ujima Rochester/Atlanta, Inc. to learn more about these programs.